Friday, November 2, 2007

Fall Break (week #9)

I woke up Monday morning and just did not feel like doing anything. So I figured since we had so many other things going on this week we'd take our fall break like planned.

I spent my time finishing up halloween costumes for everybody. The kids spent their time watching movies, reading books and magazines, and playing video games. And of course, we did the grocery shopping, ran errands, did laundry, cleaned the RV, blah, blah, blah...

The highlight of the week was, of course, Halloween. The kids couldn't wait to get at the candy. And once again I had to remind them that they wouldn't be eating any of it. I know they have a hard time understanding why I throw it all away, but it's just the way it is. After trick or treating we went to the church's event at the Fun Spot. The kids had a blast riding the bumper cars and driving the race cars, while hanging out with friends from church. They got a small bag of candy there too and that one they got to keep. I took them to the store today to pick out their own halloween candy.

Here is a pic of the kids in their costumes.




K wanted to be one of Lily's "Lola" characters from the Hannah Montana show. I'm glad she chose black/white Lola since it was super easy to come up with the outfit. The biggest expense was the wig and I really feel we got ripped off. What a piece of garbage! I didn't have any white extension hair in my stash and I didn't have time to order any so we had to use it as is. It worked I guess.

J is the manga character Naruto. He's been wanting this outfit for over a year. We looked on the internet and ebay and couldn't find one for less than $100! And most of them looked horrible. So I made it myself. I went to JoAnn's and picked up a pattern that included pants, shirt and vest. I altered the vest and shirt pattern to what I needed and spent about $40 all total for all the little details. I even made those funny little shoe things out of some felt and his flip flops. When I finished the jacket, he put it on and didn't take it off for hours! I think he really likes it. My DH said I should make up a bunch of these to sell on ebay. Yeah - I have plenty of time for that.

I didn't get to dress up this year. All my costumes are in storage in MI. But my DH said most people would think I was in costume anyway because of my dreads. He's such a smart aleck sometimes.

So now it's late Friday night and I haven't done anything to get ready for school next week. Can I take another fall break? LOL Next Tuesday we'll take off because of MOMS group at church and Wed. morning is the homeschool group so we'll probably take that off too. Plus DH's schedule at work changes next week and now he'll have F/S/S off. Maybe we will take another week off....I don't see us getting much done anyway!

Well then. To the weekend! :D

No comments: