Sunday, July 29, 2007

suffering from "brain freeze"

I know I should really work on school today. But I just cannot find the energy, or the excitement. I feel drained. I have so much to do. And I'm so glad I didn't wait until August break to do it! At least I'm ahead of the game, a little...

I'm going to try to at least read about school today. I have a couple of those "What your ___th grader should know" books. I've never really liked those, but I need some ideas and I'm hoping I'll find something there. I also picked up a book called "Homeschooling through the Year" or something close to that. I don't feel like digging it out to make sure it's right....laziness is setting in...

What I'd really like to do is pop in the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice and just veg for the day. Not difficult with this version - it's 5 hours long. But there's no way I'll get either the kids or the hubby to sit through it with me. So I'll have to wait.

I wish it wasn't so hot outside, or muggy. I might go for a bike ride. I haven't been on the trail in a very long time. I miss it. The vegetation around here is so beautiful.

Anyway. I'll probably read through some of the chapters on history - since that's where I'm stuck at the moment - and check out the government and sciences. And then I think I'll pick out another fluff book to read.

No comments: